Home insurance

Building insurance

We insure the building you live in. This protects the structure of your home against major accidents or disasters.

Under the terms of your tenancy or lease, it is usually our responsibility to insure the building you live in. The insurance is in place to cover costs in the event of major accidents to the structure of your home.

This means that the structure of the building will be covered if there is a fire, storm, flood or gas leak.

The cost of your building’s insurance is based on the rebuild value of your home and is paid through your service charges. The rebuild value is the cost of labour and materials for any work needed to your home.

If you would like a copy of your certificate of cover or more information about the building insurance provided, please contact us.

Contents insurance

You’re responsible for insuring your personal belongings and your home contents such as carpets, furnishings, white and electrical goods and so on.

We offer all our customers a competitively priced home contents insurance policy through Aviva. For further information, please read the Protect your home leaflet – PDF 1MB

Please note that although we strongly recommend that you purchase home content insurance, it’s not compulsory and you’re under no obligation to use the home contents insurance we offer.

If you’d like to discuss your options, please contact us.