We aim to provide an excellent service but we’re aware that sometimes we get things wrong. Please tell us what you feel went wrong and we’ll work with you to help put things right. 

Through your feedback and comments, we hope that you will tell us what you feel went wrong, so we can work with you to help put things right.

What is a complaint?

We follow the Chartered Institute of Housing’s definition of a complaint as:

An expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation or its representatives affecting an individual customer or group of customers.

How do I make a complaint?

If you’re unhappy with the service you receive from us, please tell us within three months of the incident.

You can make your complaint by:

  • calling 0300 456 2099
  • writing to Catalyst Housing, Ealing Gateway, 26–30 Uxbridge Road, London W5 2AU
  • completing our online complaints form
  • visiting your local office

If you need any assistance in making a complaint, we can help you. You can also ask another person such as a friend, support worker or independent advocate to make the complaint on your behalf and represent you throughout the process.

If you or your legal representative start court proceedings against us, we will manage this outside our complaints procedure.

When to make a complaint

You can make a complaint where we have failed to do something we have said we would do, e.g. fix a repair or contact you back within the timescale we gave you.

If you wish to report anti-social behavior (ASB), please call our Customer Contact Centre. You can only make a complaint if you are not satisfied with the way in which we have dealt with your report of ASB.

There are some situations which are not defined as a failure of service, meaning that they will not be dealt with under our complaints policy.

  • Insurance claims – All insurance claims lie outside our complaints policy and are directly managed by the insurers.
  • Complaints about a service provided by a managing agent or another service provider – eg any complaints about services the local authority provides such as bin collections, or a utility supplier such as a power cut. You will need to speak to these providers directly about your complaint.
  • Issues subject to legal action or proceedings – These are dealt with by officers responsible for the service or referred to a solicitor to act on our behalf.
  • Disputes dealt with by the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) or being dealt with by the court.
  • Disrepair cases – These are dealt with by the repairs surveyors or solicitors acting on our behalf.
  • Disputes about other organisations who provide services to our estates but are not contracted by us.

If you are not sure about any of the above please contact us so we can advise you of who to get in touch with.

To find out more about our complaints process, click here.