We are a major developer of high-quality homes for both sale and rent.
We provide a wide range of rental and homeownership opportunities for people at every stage of life.
We build and manage mixed income, mixed tenure neighbourhoods. Our work includes providing social, affordable and intermediate rental homes, sheltered housing, care homes, shared ownership and homes for private sale.
- We were voted Affordable Housing Provider of the Year at the 2015 First Time Buyer Readers’ Awards. We were also highly commended for Best Urban Regeneration for our Work on Portobello Square, and Best Show Home for our Waterside development.
- Our flagship sustainable development, The Greenway in Hounslow, won ‘best sustainable scheme’ at the 2013 National Housing Awards and ‘best new sustainable development (under 25 homes)’ at the 2013 Sustainable Housing Awards
- Our eco-homes project in Reading won the ‘sustainable smaller housing retrofit project of the year (fewer than 25 homes)’ award at the 2012 Sustainable Housing Awards
- Catalyst was named Affordable Home Ownership Provider of the Year in 2011, commended for ‘introducing outstanding schemes into the market’
- Our development in South Acton was named ‘best regeneration project’ 2011 at the Affordable Home Ownership Awards, and ‘best urban regeneration’ at the 2011 First Time Buyer’s magazine awards
- Our regeneration of Dee Park in Reading won silver for ‘best partnership scheme’ at the prestigious 2011 What House? Awards
- Portobello Square, part of our Wornington Green regeneration scheme, won a ‘project winner’ accolade at the 2011 Housing Design Awards
Building high-quality homes and communities
Catalyst is a major developer of new homes. We expect to build more than 7,000 new homes by 2020, housing 21,000 more people across London and the south east. We believe in mixed income, mixed tenure neighbourhoods.
We have a long-term interest in the homes we develop and the communities we create – maintaining and improving them to meet customers’ needs and expectations, while delivering value for money for the business, our partners and our residents.
We see the ongoing stewardship of neighbourhoods as a key part of our commitment to support successful and sustainable communities. We carry out regular work to enhance our properties and provide a first class housing management service.
Catalyst is one of the most environmentally friendly housing associations. We are one of only two housing providers in the country to achieve gold in the highly challenging SHIFT sustainability benchmarking scheme.
We are committed to preserving natural resources and increasing the use of renewable energy sources in the construction of our homes, as well as developing sustainable regeneration and asset management practices.
The Greenway, our award-winning sustainable development in Hounslow, is in the first wave of buildings designed to meet the highest standards for eco-friendly sustainable homes. It is also the first to meet the mayor of London’s new housing design guidelines. The Greenway has won a number of prestigious awards including ‘best sustainable scheme’ (National Housing Awards 2013).
Private sale developer
Catalyst by Design, our non-charitable, subsidiary company, develops homes for private sale. We use the profits to cross-subsidise our charitable work. Catalyst by Design is currently active on sites in Luton, Wycombe, Harrow, Brent, and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
Within five years, we expect Catalyst by Design to deliver around 300 private sale homes each year, reflecting our commitment to developing mixed income, mixed tenure schemes.