Service update as lockdown restrictions ease
At the end of last year, we had to reduce some of our services to keep everyone safe, but as restrictions ease, we’re pleased to share that we’re now able to increase some of our services again.
From 29 March
- Our full repairs service returns including emergency, external and communal repairs. If your repair was already underway, we’ll contact you to rearrange your appointment
We are planning for a higher volume of calls as we make these changes. Please be aware that you may have to wait slightly longer for your repair. We remain committed to giving you the earliest possible appointment that fits with your schedule. See our repairs guide on how we’re keeping everyone safe. You can also report your repair online.
- Face-to-face lettings visits will be offered as required. See our 10-step guide to read about how we’ll work with you to keep everyone safe during your visit
- Face-to-face outdoor housing services resume, including estate inspections
- Our basketball courts and multi-use game areas reopen with social distancing guidelines in place
- Reintroduction of some of our outdoor community activities including outdoor fitness such as football, basketball and classes – and the launch of our Backyard Nature project. Find out more on our community pages.
These services join our current active cleaning, gardening and maintenance services that have been running throughout lockdown and following strict guidelines.
We’ll continue to closely monitor our services, and will be opening up more services in the coming weeks – so our coronavirus update pages and your mailbox for more updates.
Keeping everyone safe and well
Our teams will maintain the highest standards, following government advice, including wearing PPE and socially distancing.
We know that you’ll continue to follow these rules with us, so we can continue to keep you and our colleagues safe.
Our offices remain closed, so please continue to visit our coronavirus update pages for regular updates.
We’re here for you
Our communities have faced many and varied challenges over the last few months. Whether you feel you need financial support, advice on employment or you just need to speak to someone from our dedicated wellbeing team – we’re here for you.
Our useful information page also gives details of organisations and services available to support you.
Please continue to contact us about any concerns you may have