Catalyst Housing Ltd is committed to protecting your personal data. This page provides a high level summary of how we use personal data. For more detailed information on the specific types of data we hold for you, please see the relevant privacy statement set out in ‘Your Privacy Statement’ below.
Who we are and our data protection officer
We are Catalyst Housing Ltd (Catalyst), registered office Ealing Gateway, 26–30 Uxbridge Road, London W5 2AU.
We are ‘data controllers’, meaning that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for overseeing what we do with your information and monitoring our compliance with data protection laws.
If you have any concerns or questions about our use of your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Catalyst Housing, Ealing Gateway, 26–30 Uxbridge Road, London W5 2AU or by sending us an email.
Complying with data protection law
We will comply with data protection law. At the heart of data protection laws are the “data protection principles” which say that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
iii. relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- accurate and kept up to date;
- kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- kept securely.
Sharing your personal information
We will share your personal information with third parties where we have a lawful basis for doing so. Please see “Your Privacy Statement” for more specific information on how we share your information.
The recruitment software used on our careers website is supplied by Net-Worx (2001) Ltd (trading as networx) and they are defined as a Data Processor under the GDPR. They will only process your data in accordance with our instructions.
There may be occasions where we need to process your information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example where we use a third party computer system which is located or has servers in the United States. Where it is necessary to do this we will take the appropriate precautions to ensure your information remains secure in line with Data Protection law.
Security of your information
The information that you provide will be stored securely on our systems. Our security measures and procedures reflect the seriousness with which we approach security and the value we attach to your information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from The Data Protection Officer at Catalyst Housing, Ealing Gateway, 26–30 Uxbridge Road, London W5 2AU or by sending us an email.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How we manage your personal information
We typically will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it. It is possible that we will use your information for other purposes as long as those other purposes are compatible with those set out in this policy. If we intend to do so, we will provide you with information relating to that other purpose before using it for the new purpose.
We may use your personal information without your knowledge or consent where such use is required or permitted by law.
Periods for which we will store your personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our retention policy which is available from The Data Protection Officer at Catalyst Housing, Ealing Gateway, 26–30 Uxbridge Road, London W5 2AU or by sending us an email.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Once we no longer have a lawful basis for holding your personal data, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Your rights under the GDPR
In certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
iii. Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain circumstances.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party contact The Data Protection Officer at Catalyst Housing, Ealing Gateway, 26–30 Uxbridge Road, London W5 2AU or by sending us an email.
Right to withdraw consent
In the circumstances where we are relying on your consent as our lawful basis to process your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact our Data Protection Officer. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Right to complain to the ICO
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”) if you are not satisfied with the way we use your information. You can contact the ICO by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Your privacy statement
Please download the relevant privacy statement below for further information on how and why we use your personal data:
- If you are a tenant (or applying to be a tenant), existing customer, leaseholder or shared owner, please view the Privacy Statement – Applicants, Tenants Leaseholders and Customers – PDF 386KB.
- If you are buying a property from us or are interested in buying a property from us, please view the Privacy Statement – Purchasers – PDF 355KB
iii. If you are applying for a job, please view the Privacy Statement – Job Applicants – PDF 364KB
- If you are a member of the public, please view the Privacy Statement – Members of the Public – PDF 345kb
- If you are an employee, please see our Privacy Statement – Employees – PDF 335KB.
vii. If you are a customer of Southall Day Centre, please see our Privacy Statement – Southall Day Centre – PDF 356KB.
viii. If you are a user of one of our community centres, please see our Privacy Statement – Community Centres – PDF 339KB.