In the last month…
- The process of selecting the contractor for Phase 2b has taken longer than we expected, and we’re keen to start work as soon as possible to deliver more new homes as soon as we can. For this reason, we’ve split the contract and are currently procuring a contractor to demolish the existing buildings. This will allow us to begin work on site as soon as possible, while continuing to work with the shortlisted construction contractors to make sure we get the best from the contract. We are aiming to begin demolition this summer
- Pre-application consultation on Phase 3 is now complete, and the project team is preparing to submit a planning application in late May/early June.
On our project website, you can see the proposals and what we’ve done in response to people’s feedback. We’ve also added a section on our proposals for trees and landscape.
- Layla bakery has opened in one of the commercial units in Phase 1, and works have got under way to complete the new sales and marketing suite also in the commercial units.
- We held a virtual Wornington Green and Portobello Square Residents’ Meeting on 29 April via Zoom hosted by your Independent Tenants Advisors, Newman Francis. To join a future meeting or find out more please call 0800 644 6040 or send an email
- Golborne Community Champions have been and continue to deliver a fantastic range of free online activities, to help people stay active and connected. Activities range from fitness classes such as Boxfit, Bootcamp and Yoga, to creative activities such as craft workshops, crochet, and art therapy. For further information and to register for activities, please visit their Facebook page or call 020 8960 3234
- We have appointed Agripower as the contractor we have appointed to deliver the next part of Athlone Gardens. We are aiming for work to begin in mid-May, and for the new section of park to be delivered in September this year. Once all four parts of the park are complete, Athlone Gardens will be the same size as it was before the regeneration started: 2.3 acres
- We will be releasing the next issue of Here & Now. This issue will have an update on plans for Athlone Gardens and the contractor appointed, as well as information on plans for Phase 3 and a spotlight on Tessa, owner of new bakery Layla in the Phase commercial units
There are a few plots available in the Community Kitchen Garden – they’re first come, first served so be quick! If you would like a plot, please contact Patricia
- For information and advice on the services being offered by Catalyst, including employment & financial advice, as well as emotional support, please call our wellbeing team on 0300 456 2099, Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. Alternatively, please visit the wellbeing page on our website.