Looking after your home is a joint effort. Your tenancy agreement tells you the things that we are responsible for, and the things that you are responsible for.
What will we repair?
We will repair and maintain the structure and exterior of your home and any communal areas like stairways and lifts. Inside your home, we carry out the following repairs:
- heating systems including the central heating
- water and gas pipes
- electrical faults
- window catches, cords and frames
- kitchen units, worktops and flooring
- air vents and extractor fans
- sinks, baths, toilets, showers and taps
We may be able to repair other things too. See your tenancy agreement for details. If you can’t find your tenancy agreement, please call us.
Do I have to pay for repairs?
If something stops working or develops a fault, we will fix it for free. We will only charge you for repairs if you’ve intentionally or wilfully caused the damage
How do I report a repair?
If you would like to report a repair please fill in our online form or call us.
How fast will we fix the problem?
- If it is an emergency, we will make your home safe within 24 hours. We will deal with other urgent repairs within a week.
- We aim to deal with all routine repairs within 31 days. You may have to wait longer if we need to order specialist parts or materials.
What is an emergency repair?
An emergency repair is when there is an immediate danger to people or a risk of serious damage to property.
- a dangerous electrical fault
- a serious water leak
- a complete loss of lighting, electricity or water.
What is an urgent repair?
An urgent repair is a repair that is not immediately dangerous, but could become an emergency if it is not fixed quickly. Examples are:
- a slow water leak
- a blocked toilet or sink
- a partial loss of water or electricity (eg in one room).
Visit Ask Catalyst for our extensive FAQs on repairs.