We are expected to meet national guidelines for your home to keep it warm, secure, and provide repairs when required.
The national standard outlines the following for your home:
- We must give you a home that is warm, weatherproof and has modern facilities.
- We must give you a cost effective repairs and maintenance service that meets your needs and gives you a choice.
- We must give you a home that is safe and comfortable.
Repairs and improvements
The offers – after listening to you this is what we are doing to meet this standard
- We will provide a range of ways you can report repairs. This includes by phone, in person, in writing and through our website
- We will give you an appointment for the morning or afternoon so that you don’t have to wait in all day (where this is not possible we will explain why)
- We will provide an out of hours emergency repairs service
- We will ask contractors to explain what repairs they are doing
- We will use contractors that clean up after themselves
- We will give you an appointment within ten working days for non-emergency work (we can’t always guarantee a morning or afternoon appointment with gas, heating, and some other specialised work)
Standards for your home
- We will do a gas safety check, by appointment, in all homes with a gas supply
- We will ensure all our homes meet the government’s Decent Homes Standard
- We will complete aids and adaptation work costing under £1,000 within 31 days of request or report
- We will make sure you know about your right to have your home adapted if you are disabled
- We will consult you about any major works happening in your neighbourhood
- We will let you know about major works and timescales for all planned repairs
- We will give you at least two weeks notice before any major work starts in your home
- We will visit you at least every seven years to see if your home needs decorating or maintenance work needs doing – we will consult you about this