National guidelines for your home
We are expected to meet national guidelines for your home to keep it warm, secure, and provide repairs when required.
The national standard outlines the following for your home:
- We must give you a home that is warm, weatherproof and has modern facilities.
- We must give you a cost effective repairs and maintenance service that meets your needs and gives you a choice.
- We must give you a home that is safe and comfortable.
Repairs and improvements
The offers – after listening to you this is what we are doing to meet this standard
- We will provide a range of ways you can report repairs. This includes by phone, in person, in writing and through our website
- We will give you an appointment for the morning or afternoon so that you don’t have to wait in all day (where this is not possible we will explain why)
- We will provide an out of hours emergency repairs service
- We will ask contractors to explain what repairs they are doing
- We will use contractors that clean up after themselves
- We will give you an appointment within ten working days for non-emergency work (we can’t always guarantee a morning or afternoon appointment with gas, heating, and some other specialised work)
Standards for your home
- We will do a gas safety check, by appointment, in all homes with a gas supply
- We will ensure all our homes meet the government’s Decent Homes Standard
- We will complete aids and adaptation work costing under £1,000 within 31 days of request or report
- We will make sure you know about your right to have your home adapted if you are disabled
- We will consult you about any major works happening in your neighbourhood
- We will let you know about major works and timescales for all planned repairs
- We will give you at least two weeks notice before any major work starts in your home
- We will visit you at least every seven years to see if your home needs decorating or maintenance work needs doing – we will consult you about this