Move around London

With the mayor of London’s Housing Moves scheme, a move to a new area may be closer than you think.

Housing Moves

Do you need to move closer to work or college? Are you looking for a smaller home? Do you want to be nearer to family or friends, perhaps to provide care or support?

If the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’, or if you have another reason for moving to a new area, then the Housing Moves scheme from the mayor of London could be just what you need.

Housing Moves helps social tenants in London to relocate to other parts of the capital.

Who can apply?

All council tenants and housing association tenants can apply, as long as you have a secure or assured tenancy. Priority is given to the following groups:

• people who have more bedrooms than they need and want to downsize

• people in work or training

• people who want to move to provide care to someone

Housing Moves is a choice based lettings scheme. This means that once you have registered, you can see details of all available properties on the Housing Moves website and can express an interest in any home you like.

The Housing Moves scheme is separate from your local housing transfer scheme. So, if you are interested you will need to apply direct to Housing Moves rather than through your landlord. Your application form will be checked by your landlord before you can start to show an interest in properties.

Your chance to move into a new home in the Olympic Park

We have a mix of adapted two, three and four bedroom homes East Village (previously the Olympic village). Adapted homes are designed to help you move around your home more easily if you have a disability.

Residents of East Village, London, E20 will enjoy access to the largest new park in Europe, a state of the art academy for 1,800 pupils and a new health centre. Properties on East Village are being advertised on the Housing Moves website

There are still a mix of two, three and four bed flats and town houses for London council and housing association tenants.

To qualify you need to be registered on the Housing Moves scheme and at least one member of your household should be in work or training (unless members of your household are not of working age or everyone in your household is unable to work).

Over 60s moving scheme

The mayor of London also runs a scheme, called Seaside & Country Homes, to help London council and housing association tenants who are aged 60 and over to move to other parts of the country.You can find out how to access Seaside and Country Homes through the Housing Moves website.

Find out more

To find out more about please go to the Housing Moves website: