Transferring ownership

You can change the names on your lease if your circumstances change.  

What you need to do

  • Instruct a solicitor to act for you.
  • Tell us in writing the details of the transfer – whose name is being removed from the lease or added to it
  • provide confirmation that your joint leaseholder, or proposed leaseholder, consents to the change in ownership.
  • If you have a mortgage, contact your building society or lender, to let them know. They may need additional information from you as well.
  • Satisfy us that you can continue to pay the costs of your shared ownership home.
  • Send us all the paperwork we need.

What we will do

If we agree to the changes you will need to provide us with the following documents and pay any associated costs:

  • a signed copy of a TR1 form available from your solicitors
  • on completion of registration, a copy of the Land Registry document
  • licence to Assign and Charge – this is the formal document that changes a name on a lease.

We will then update the leaseholder or equity loan details on our database.

If you need more information about transferring ownership, please contact us.