Jobs fair at Unity Centre on 11 May
If you are trying to get into work and would like some help developing your job searching skills, our employment fair could be right for you.
The fair is for local residents, and will give you the chance to find out how to develop and improve your job hunting skills. You will also receive support on how to find your next role. Local companies will be on hand to offer everything from job opportunities and advice on education and training options, to exciting apprenticeships for young residents aged 16-24. You will also be able to attend various workshops, and gain advice on writing your CV.
Companies attending the employment fair include:
• SEETEC – offering employment services and apprenticeships for young people
• LearnDirect – offering training information and vacancies for businesses based in the area
• Hyde Housing Association
• Brent Works – supplying free local employment opportunities
• Brent Start – local provider of adult education courses
• Curzon Children’s Centre – promoting training courses and volunteer placements in childcare
• Reed Recruitment
This is also a wonderful opportunity for people who are not active in the community to get to know the Unity Centre, and the many services and benefits it provides. These include a free gym, regular coffee mornings, sewing clubs, and after school homework and music clubs for children and young people. The Unity Centre also has an IT suite and free internet access, which residents can make use of as part of their job search.
The address for the Unity Centre is 103 Church Road, London, NW10 9EG. Attendance at the fair is free, and you don’t need to register. To find out more, email Nadine.Luben@chg.org.uk or call her on 07816 137 028. To contact the Unity Centre, call 0208 955 1780.