We treat racial harassment very seriously. If an incident of racial harassment is reported to us, we will investigate and take action.
What is racial harassment
- Verbal abuse
- Physical assault
- Malicious phone calls
- Property being damaged or vandalised by graffiti
- Harassment that is because of your colour, race, religion, nationality or ethnic and national origin
If you suffer or witness an incident of racial abuse please report it immediately.
Reporting racial harassment
We take reports of racial harassment from residents or agencies acting on their behalf very seriously.
You can report it to Catalyst by:
- Contact our Anti-Social Behavior team on 0300 456 2099
- Email our Customer Contact team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report it through our online enquiry form
- Contact the police – call 999 for emergencies or 101 for non-emergency
What happens next
If you or someone on your behalf reports racial harassment, we will:
- contact you within two working days
- investigate all incidents and establish a course of action with you
- work with the police to investigate the issue because racial harassment is a criminal offence
- repair any damage and remove any graffiti within 24 hours after taking photographs as evidence
- provide extra security measures to help you feel safer in your home if needed
- maintain close contact with you and any witnesses
- check with you how you feel your case was handled, making sure we take on your views.
Please note that the action we take to tackle the racial harassment will depend on how severe it is.