If you are a parent living in Reading, you are invited to join our FREE 13 week parenting programme, Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC).
The SFSC programme starts on Tuesday 25 April. Classes take place at Reading College, Kings Road, RG1 4HJ. This is a fantastic opportunity for any resident who would like to improve their parenting skills or build better relationships with their children and partner.
The SFSC programme is led by two trained facilitators, and is group-based work, involving 12 to 15 parents. The programme is provided by the Race Equality Foundation, and is fully accredited by the Open College network and offers lots of benefits, including:
• A safe space for parents to share views and be listened to
• An opportunity to get information and ideas to help make important parent decisions
• An opportunity to learn new skills
• Support in developing confidence as a parent
• Connections with the wider community and services in your area
If you have questions about how best to bring up your child, or are facing issues around teenage drinking, drugs, antisocial behaviour, or truanting, this course could be just the thing for you. Research from previous programmes show that parents who take part in the course experience:
• Increase in self esteem
• Confidence in their parenting
• Better family relationships
• Better relationships with their children
• Increase in their child’s self esteem
• Significant change in their child’s ability to control their own behaviour
Registration is at 9am, and the session runs from 9.30am to 12.30pm every Tuesday for 13 weeks. Free lunches are also provided in the cafeteria after each session. To book your place email Ellie Francis-Brophy, Catalyst Gateway Manager at Ellie.Francis-Brophy@chg.org.uk or text her on 07711 188 236.
For more information about the course visit http://www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk/sfsc