You’ll be aware that on Saturday 31 October, the government announced guidelines for a four-week lockdown for the whole of England, starting on Thursday 5 November.
Our services to you
The health and wellbeing of you, our communities and our colleagues and contractors remains our priority. We have measures in place to keep everyone safe and we’re regularly reviewing our services.
Following the government announcement, we’re pleased to say that at the moment we don’t need to reduce many of our services:
- Building safety work such as fire alarm, electrical and gas safety testing will continue
- Repairs and the majority of our essential services such as planned works will continue
- Our caretaking and cleaning services will continue
- Our wellbeing services including financial and employment support will continue
- Our sales and marketing suites will remain open but will be accessible by appointments only
- Viewings including lettings and mutual exchanges will continue
We’ll have to adapt some of our services including:
- Closing communal lounges in our sheltered and Independent Living housing schemes (older people services)
- Closing all guest rooms in our sheltered and Independent Living housing schemes
- Pausing face-to-face community work and switching to calls to keep in touch
We’ll continue to monitor our services. If you would like to speak to us, please contact us on 0300 456 2099 or email email@example.com
Access to your home
We understand that you may not feel comfortable with having our colleagues and contractors in your home. Although there are some occasions when we will need access to your home for essential services such as gas and electrical safety checks – we’ll always listen and work with you to make sure that these works can be completed and you feel safe.
We’re here for you
Our communities have faced many and varied challenges over the last few months.
Please continue to talk to us about any concerns you may have on 0300 456 2099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As ever, we’ll continue to monitor the situation and let you know of any updates, or impact on our services, which we’ll post on our website
Keep well and keep in touch.