If you are elderly or vulnerable, you could receive extra support from your energy supplier by registering on the Priority Services Register.
What is the Priority Services Register?
The Priority Services Register is a free service that your supplier uses to make sure you receive the support you need.
This support varies by supplier and by an individual’s circumstances, but can include:
- large-format or Braille bills
- advanced notice of service interruption
- priority in a power cut
- quarterly meter readings
- yearly gas safety checks
- meter relocation for better access
Who can sign up for the Priority Services Register?
If you contact your supplier directly, they will assess your circumstances and offer the services available services to you. You could be eligible for the Priority Services Register if:
- you need to be supported in a particular way
- you would struggle to maintain your well-being if you lost your energy supply for any amount of time
- you’re of pensionable age
- you are disabled
- you are chronically ill or have a long-term medical condition
- you have hearing or visual impairment or other communication needs
- you have children under the age of five
How do you sign up to the Priority Services Register?
If you would like to access the additional services from your energy supplier, please contact them directly. They will assess your needs and sign up you up the Priority Services Register if you are eligible.
Find out more about the Priority Services Register