Catalyst welcomes the opportunity to comment on The Good Economy’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) white paper . Generally, we welcome this initiative to develop ESG criteria that are credible, consistent and comparable.
We support the approach of:
- Using existing standards and information collection requirements
- Aligning criteria to requirements that investors will understand
- Facilitating housing associations to ‘tell their own stories’ within common touch points
- Focussing on the questions that are important, through criteria that add necessary information and are relevant, meaningful and capable of being answered
- Establishing core and secondary criteria.