Changes to our repairs and maintenance service
To keep us all safe and well, and following the latest government guidance, we’re continuously reviewing our services to you.
From Thursday 14 January, we’ll be making changes to our repairs service, by carrying out emergency and essential repairs only. This is to help protect you and our teams while maintaining an essential service.
Due to lockdown, we understand that we’re in our homes a lot more than usual. We want to make sure that you receive the repairs you need to enjoy your home, whilst keeping everyone safe.
We’ll be focusing on emergency and essential repairs, which include:
- Any repair required that poses a potential danger to keep you, your household and the public safe
- Investigating issues which could, or have already, caused significant damage to your home such as roof leaks, flooding, drainage, fire or structural damage
- Total or partial loss of electricity, mains water, hot water and/or heating
- Regulatory service checks such as gas boiler servicing, electrical safety checks and fire warden duties
- Fire safety works
- Security of your home including windows, doors and locks
- Communication equipment such as communal TV and aerials.
Works to external and communal areas such as emergency ground works, and communal lighting will carry on, as we’re able to work while keeping risk to a minimum.
If you’re unsure about whether your repair is included, just contact us.
We know this is not ideal and we are confident that you ‘ll agree the safety and wellbeing of you, your community and our colleagues must remain our top priority.
We’ll continue to monitor all our services and will keep you updated via our website and email services.
Current repairs appointments
If you currently have a repairs appointment booked that is not covered in the list above, we’ll be in touch to cancel it. We’ll keep a record of your repair and be in touch once full-service resumes.
Keeping you and our teams safe
When we are attending your home to carry out a repair, we’ll contact you by telephone just before to confirm your appointment.
We’ll continue to maintain the highest standards, including all operatives wearing masks and gloves at all times, keeping the areas we work in clean, and maintaining two metres distance throughout.
We know that you’ll continue to follow these rules with us, so we can continue to keep you and our colleagues safe.