Our update following new local tiers announcement
On Thursday 26 November, the government announced new tier systems restrictions in local areas starting from Wednesday 2 December. The three tier system will be reviewed every two weeks and sets out different rules depending on which tier you are in. This is part of the government’s winter plan.
Our services to you
The areas we cover are mainly in Tier 2, except for Slough in Tier 3. You can read about the restrictions in your area on the government website.
The health and wellbeing of you, our communities and our colleagues and contractors remains our priority. We have measures in place to keep everyone safe and we’re regularly reviewing our services.
Following the government announcement, we’re pleased to say that at the moment we don’t need to reduce many of our services:
- Building safety work such as fire alarm, electrical and gas safety testing will continue
- Repairs and the majority of our essential services such as planned works will continue
- Our caretaking and cleaning services will continue
- Our wellbeing services including financial and employment support will continue
- Our sales and marketing suites will remain open but will be accessible by appointments only
- Viewings including lettings and mutual exchanges will continue
We’ll have to adapt some of our services including:
- Closing communal lounges in our sheltered and Independent Living housing schemes (older people services)
- Closing all guest rooms in our sheltered and Independent Living housing schemes
- Pausing some face-to-face community work and switching to calls to keep in touch
We’ll continue to monitor our services. If you would like to speak to us, please contact us