Tips to keep warm for less
Here are our top tips to keep warm for less.
- Switch energy companies and sign up to a cheaper tariff through online switching websites.
- Turn your thermostat down by 1°C. This can save you up to £90 a year on your bill.
- Turn off lights and appliances when not in use – switching appliances off standby mode can save you around £30 per year.
- Have shorter showers – spending one minute less in the shower each day could save a family of four around £100 a year in heating and water bills.
- Stop the heat leaks – by draught-proofing doors, windows and gaps around the floor, you can save up to £35 a year. Use energy saving light bulbs. They use up to 80% less electricity and last about 10 times longer than other ones.
- Snap Your Bill – use our new energy advice service to reduce your bills.
Visit our save energy, water and food section for more useful tips and advice.