Shhh, I can’t hear anything…
We know that the one thing that causes more problems than anything else between neighbours is noise.
So please be considerate to your neighbours by keeping the noise down.
- Don’t play music or the TV too loudly. To reduce the noise, turn down the bass on the system, especially after 11pm.
- If you’re having a party, let your neighbours know beforehand or, even better, invite them along.
- Carry out noisy activities (such as using power tools or playing musical instruments) at a reasonable time – not early in the morning or late at night.
- If you have wooden or laminated flooring, lay down rugs or mats.
- Slamming any door can cause a disturbance, so close them gently. This includes car doors, front doors, communal entrance doors and other doors in your home.
- Place noisy equipment (such as dishwashers, stereos and TVs) on carpets or rubber mats to reduce the vibration.
At first try speaking to your neighbour – this is often the quickest and easiest way to solve the issue.
How we can help
We can arrange mediation between neighbours as a way of helping people resolve their conflict. If that doesn’t work, please let us know about the problem by filling in our online form.
For more information
For more details please visit the anti-social behaviour section of our website.