How often should planned maintenance works be done?
We maintain our homes as per the decent homes standard and our works are carried out during the financial year – this runs from the beginning of April of the current year, to the end of March in the following year.
The following guidance gives some idea as to when we expect to replace the components in your home:
- Boiler – every 15 years.
- Radiators and Storage Heaters – every 30 years.
- Kitchen – every 20 years.
- Bathroom/Shower Rooms & WC’s – every 30 years.
- Rewire – every 30 years.
- Windows and Doors – every 30 years.
- Roof – every 60 to 80 years.
- Flat Roof – every 15 to 25 years.
- External decorations – this programme is currently under review.
Please note that although Catalyst makes every effort to meet these time frames, on occasion budget restraints, and in some cases other homes that need to take priority, can affect when planned maintenance works are carried out.