What home improvements can I make if I rent my home from Catalyst?
Please note that you need to obtain Catalyst’s permission before carrying out any improvement
You can make improvements to your home, as long as they don’t:
- Affect the health and safety of the home.
- Make the property unsafe.
- Increase our maintenance costs.
- Reduce the living space.
- Breach planning, building or conservation area regulations.
- Affect any work planned by us already.
- Reduce the value of the property.
- Affect the fire resistance or integrity of the home.
These are the types of improvements you can make:
- Bath or shower.
- Wash-hand basin.
- Kitchen sink.
- Storage cupboards in bathroom and kitchen.
- Work surfaces for food preparation.
- Space or water heating.
- Thermostatic radiator valves.
- Insulation of pipes, water tank, or cylinder.
- Loft insulation.
- Cavity wall insulation.
- Draught proofing of external doors and windows.
- Double glazing or external window replacement or secondary glazing.
- Rewiring the provision of power and lighting or electrical fittings (including smoke detector).
- Any object which improves the security of the house, but excluding burglar alarms.