How can we help you?

Contact us

If you have a question and need to speak to us, we want you to be able to contact us in the way that suits you best. We’re here to help you with your query, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

Contact us

Table of Contents
< All Topics

What should I do if my housing benefit claim has been cancelled, or suspended?

Please contact your local authority to find out why it has been stopped, and what you need to do to restore your housing benefit.

Then, please contact our income team on 0300 456 2099 to advise them of this suspension or cancellation of housing benefit, as it can result in your rent account falling into arrears.

Our income team will support you and advise on any actions that need to be taken regarding your housing benefit and your rent account.

Was this answer helpful to you?
How can we improve this answer?
Need help?
Previous What is universal credit?
Next Which benefits are included in Universal Credit?