How can we help you?

Contact us

If you have a question and need to speak to us, we want you to be able to contact us in the way that suits you best. We’re here to help you with your query, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

Contact us

Table of Contents
< All Topics

What other method of moving or transfer is there?

To improve your chance to move, you should apply for a mutual exchange. Available mutual exchange schemes include:  (for London residents only).

You can also consider renting in the private sector but you should be aware that this will result in a loss of security of tenure. We recommended that you get independent legal advice if you’re considering moving to the private rented sector.  A deposit and reference from your existing landlord is usually also required by a private landlord.

Was this answer helpful to you?
How can we improve this answer?
Need help?
Previous What is the process if I want to downsize?
Next When will I hear about my transfer once I have sent in medical information?