How can we help you?

Contact us

If you have a question and need to speak to us, we want you to be able to contact us in the way that suits you best. We’re here to help you with your query, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

Contact us

Table of Contents
< All Topics

I live in one of your social rented properties, can I buy a shared ownership property from you?

Yes, if you are the named tenant(s) you’ll need to terminate any other tenancy you may have on completion so that the property is freed up for someone else who needs it.

Also, if you are looking to buy, you should not be in rent arrears and should not have any anti-social behaviour orders.

What if I live in the property but I am not the named tenant?

If you live in a rented property, but you are not the tenant (for example your parents are the tenant), they would not be expected to terminate their tenancy unless they are moving with you.

Was this answer helpful to you?
How can we improve this answer?
Need help?
Previous Do you sell properties at full market value?
Next If I bought a Catalyst home and wanted to buy another in a few years, would I have to give up my original home?