How can we help you?

Contact us

If you have a question and need to speak to us, we want you to be able to contact us in the way that suits you best. We’re here to help you with your query, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

Contact us

Table of Contents
< All Topics

What happens on a mutual exchange when I have found someone to swap with?

Both parties who wish to exchange need to contact their landlord to complete a mutual exchange application form.

Each mutual exchange party should complete the forms and return them to their own landlords.

The landlord will then assess these, and arrange to visit the tenant to inspect the property and identify any issues such as repairs that need doing.

The landlord will also liaise with the other party’s landlord to verify who is in the household and whether the property is suitable so they can agree the exchange.

Both landlords have 42 days to agree or refuse the exchange.

Can you send me a mutual exchange form?

If Catalyst is your landlord please contact us for a mutual exchange form. You can request this either by email or call us on 0300 456 2099.

Was this answer helpful to you?
How can we improve this answer?
Need help?
Previous If I am in a disability adapted property and want to do a mutual exchange, does this have to be with someone who also has an adapted property?
Next What is a mutual exchange and how does it work?