How can we help you?

Contact us

If you have a question and need to speak to us, we want you to be able to contact us in the way that suits you best. We’re here to help you with your query, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

Contact us

Table of Contents
< All Topics

What is key worker, or key living, accommodation?

Key living (or key worker accommodation) are rented rooms in a shared property that are available to certain professionals, known as key workers.

Key workers are anyone working for NHS, Education, Police, Prison Service, Probation Service, Local Authority, Fire Fighters, Ministry of Defence, Environmental Health Officers, and Highways Agency Traffic Officers.

Eligibility can vary slightly amongst different local authorities.

The rooms are single occupancy only, and not suitable for couples or families. You will have your own room but the living room, kitchen and, in some cases, a bathroom are shared.

Please note that pets are not allowed in any of our key living schemes.

We have key living accommodation available in the following areas:

Ashgrove Court, and Lockbridge Court, in Westbourne Park, London W9.
Britannia Walk, Old Street, London, N1.
Harrow Road, Kensal Green, London, NW10.
Milne House, 24 London Street, Paddington, London W2 1HH.

Was this answer helpful to you?
How can we improve this answer?
Need help?
Previous How much notice do I need to give to end my key living tenancy?
Next What is the eligibility criteria for key living?