How do I qualify for shared ownership?
- You’ll need a maximum yearly household income of £80,000 outside of London, or £90,000 inside London.
- You’ll need enough savings to cover your deposit (dependent on your mortgage and/or share of property).
- You will need additional savings of £3,500 to cover legal fees, moving costs, etc.
- You must have sold or be about to complete on the sale of any existing property you may have.
- If you own a property outright, you should have sold it before completing on a shared ownership property with us.
- You must be a British/EU Citizen, or have indefinite leave to remain.
- You may need to have a local connection to the property that you wish to buy, e.g. in some cases you may need to live or work in the Borough (we shall advise you on application).