How can we help you?

Contact us

If you have a question and need to speak to us, we want you to be able to contact us in the way that suits you best. We’re here to help you with your query, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

Contact us

Table of Contents
< All Topics

What types of pests will you treat in communal areas?

1) Catalyst will deal with all pests that are found in:

  • communal parts of our properties, such as lobbies, hallways, staircases and landings of blocks of flats.
  • the ‘structure’ of blocks of flats, such as drains, roof spaces, car parks, boiler rooms and refuse enclosures.

2) This normally includes:

  • Mice
  • Rats
  • Ants
  • Cockroaches
  • Pigeons
  • Squirrels
  • Wasp nests
  • Beehives
  • Bedbugs

Catalyst will seek professional advice where appropriate. For example, bees are an endangered species and may require specialist control that does not lead to their destruction.

The cost of all pest control works carried out in communal areas will be recovered through service charges paid by the tenants and leaseholders who benefit from them, in line with their tenancy agreements and leases.

You can report a pest problem in communal areas by emailing us with full details or by calling us on 0300 456 2099.

Was this answer helpful to you?
How can we improve this answer?
Need help?
Previous What if I have an urgent pest control enquiry?
Next Will you help to treat a pest issue in my home?