Portobello Square Bullet Point Briefing: the latest on the regeneration
In the past month
- We have begun putting in place alternative access arrangements for buildings connected to Murchison and Wells Houses, in advance of the demolition planned for later this year. We have written to residents of these buildings about their access arrangements.
- The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea have now opened the new section of Athlone Gardens. They are still planning to add some amenities in the park and will consult with residents before they do so.
- The Rehousing team are making offers of homes in Bond Mansions to current residents of Wornington Green.
- Conran+Partners have given us a programme of work up to a planning application for Phase 3, and we’re drawing up a consultation plan based on this.
- Catalyst was delighted to co-sponsor the 9th Annual Golborne Road Festival on Sunday 1 July. As well as helping to sponsor the event, Catalyst staff, supported by community organisations Corner 9 Arts and Cusmus Workshops, ran two activity stalls, including cap decorating, design your own t-shirt and creative arts for smaller children.
- We held two drop-in sessions for residents to ask the regeneration team any questions about the plans for demolishing Murchison and Wells Houses, on 9 July at 10am and 5:30pm.
In the next month
- United Living, our contractors for Bond Mansions, aim to complete the concrete frame and install the steel frame for the roof. External works and internal finishes will continue, and all tower cranes will be removed. Also, a larger forklift will be used on site next month.
- The Rehousing team will finish making offers of homes in Bond Mansions.
- We’ll begin to discuss the consultation plan for Phase 3 with the Independent Tenants’ Advisor and the Residents Steering Group, before discussing it with residents more broadly.
- Residents will have the opportunity to find out the latest update on the regeneration at the ITA & RSG Public Meeting on 26 July, 6 – 8pm, at Portobello Hall.
- United Living are still recruiting for the apprenticeship scheme they launched last month in partnership with Joe Brennan Training. The programme is open to young people aged 18+ with college experience in a construction trade. It provides valuable on-site work experience and further study towards an NVQ qualification while earning a salary. For more information, contact Joe Brennan Training: 020 3367 1906 or email@example.com
- The Independent Tenants’ Advisors are looking for people who want to join the Residents’ Steering Group. The group meets monthly and is open to residents from all parts of Wornington Green and Portobello Square. For more information, please call 0800 169 8677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.