Portobello Square Bullet Point Briefing: the latest on the regeneration
In the past month
- In preparation for the demolition of Murchison and Wells Houses, we’ve begun to put up hoarding around the buildings. We’re also slightly rerouting the footpath from Portobello Road to Ladbroke Grove.
- We’ve moved the door entry system for Rendle House so that residents now enter through Paul House rather than Murchison House. This allows us to put up the hoarding around Murchison House.
- We wrote to residents with details of these preparations, and held two drop-in sessions on 9 July where residents could ask any questions about the demolition.
- Works in Bond Mansions are progressing with the completion and installation of the external concrete and part steel frame. United Living have put up further scaffolding as the external walls have been installed along with the windows. The outer brickwork has also commenced.
- The Rehousing team continue to make offers of homes in Bond Mansions to current residents of Wornington Green.
- You may notice that our logo at the head of this email is different. This is because we’ve changed our branding, to better reflect what we are, do and stand for as an organisation. Catalyst is still the same company; we’ve just changed our look and feel.
In the next month
- United Living will continue works to Bond Mansions. All tower cranes will be removed, and a hoist will be installed as works progress.
- The Rehousing team will finish making offers of homes in Bond Mansions and begin discussing internal finishes with residents. Residents will have a choice of flooring and curtain designs to choose from. The team are also carrying out occupational health visits for residents who may need adaptations to their home.
- The Venture Centre, supported by Catalyst, is offering local children aged 7+ a fantastic opportunity to attend Kingswood Residential Summer Camp on the Isle of Wight from Wednesday 15th until Saturday 18th August. Children will be able to embrace every aspect of camp life, from sharing dorms to scaling climbing towers, developing valuable life skills and building self-esteem, whilst making new friends free from the distractions of a busy urban environment. For further information and bookings, please contact Pattrina Quashie-Ferguson (Venture Centre Children Services Manager) on 0208 960 3234 or 07495 323765 before 8th August. Alternatively, please visit Pattrina at the Venture Centre, 103 Wornington Road, W10 5YB.
- The Venture Centre is also hosting a free Carnival Family Fun Day on Sunday 5th August, 3pm – 7pm. The programme, supported by Catalyst, provides local children and families with the opportunity to take part in the Notting Hill Carnival parade and offers a fantastic range of free workshops, including costume design, cooking, steelpan and much more! For further information, please visit the Venture Centre, 103 Wornington Road, W10 5YB or call 020 8960 3234.
- United Living continue to recruit for the apprenticeship scheme they launched last month in partnership with Joe Brennan Training. The programme is open to young people aged 18+ with college experience in a construction trade. It provides valuable on-site work experience and further study towards an NVQ qualification while earning a salary. For more information, contact Joe Brennan Training: 020 3367 1906 or firstname.lastname@example.org