Portobello Square Bullet Point Briefing: the latest on the regeneration
In the last month…
- The latest issue of Here & Now was delivered to residents in January, which you can view on our website here. It includes lots of information about starting on site, as well as updates on the Venture Centre, the Golborne Community & Maternity Champions and from your Independent Tenants Advisors.
- Winter Goody Bags – Golborne Community Champions delivered over 250 winter goody bags to older residents and vulnerable families during December. Bags were individually packed by local champions and contained items such as books for children, essential oils/sprays, gloves, socks, as well as information about local support services. Golborne Community Champions is a public health led project, which is supported by Catalyst.
- Supporting Families – Venture Centre teamed up with Catalyst and local community partners to put on a fun-filled festive day for local families in need of a helping hand. Several events took place over 2 days (Sunday 13th & 20th December) with over 30 local families enjoying a scrumptious festive lunch and each child receiving a gift from Santa, as well as a new warm winter coat from Childhood Trust. Families were also given a food package to enjoy at home. A further 45 support packages, including food and other essential items, were distributed on 22 December to local families who were unable to attend the events. Catalyst, local schools and other service providers nominated families in need of support for both initiatives.
- The Phase 2b project team are continuing to prepare for starting work this year. Work began on 25 January and is ongoing, and we’ve written to residents about plans for tree removal and parking, along with other preparatory works. To find out about current tree plans, please visit our website here.
- We will be sending a survey out to residents in Phase 1 and Phase 2a (Bond Mansions) about how they travel in the local area, and using this to help inform Catalyst and RBKCs travel plan for the area and Phase 3
- Support Services – for information and advice on the services being offered by Catalyst, including employment & financial support, as well as emotional advice and support, please call our wellbeing team on 0300 456 2099, Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm. Alternatively, please visit the wellbeing page on our website www.chg.org.uk
- Health & Wellbeing – Golborne Community Champions are delivering a fantastic range of free online activities, to help people stay active and connected. Activities range from fitness classes such as Boxfit, Bootcamp and Yoga, to creative activities such as craft workshops, crochet, and art therapy. For further information and to register for activities, please visit https://www.facebook.com/GolborneCommunityChampions/ or call 020 8960 3234
- Foodbank – Venture Centre continues to run a self-referral foodbank every Wednesday and Saturday. Registration opens at 12pm and food is available for collection from 2.30pm, although please note that times may vary due to restrictions. For more information, please call Venture Centre on 020 8960 3234 or email email@example.com
- Covid-19 in Kensington & Chelsea – Latest figures show a large increase in the number of Coronavirus infections in the north of the borough with areas in North Kensington displaying some of the highest case rates in London. The Council is writing to residents in properties in this area to remind them to be vigilant within housing settings and to ensure they’re protecting themselves and other residents when moving around their buildings. Please continue to follow government advice, and visit the RBKC website to find out about testing for those with and without symptoms
- RBKC support services – If you need help or support from the Council or Kensington and Chelsea voluntary organisations, please contact the Covid-19 Hub, Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm and Saturday and Sunday between 10am and 4pm by calling 020 7361 4326 or emailing C19Hub@rbkc.gov.uk