Portobello Square Bullet Point Briefing: the latest on the regeneration
In the last month…
- We ran online and postal consultation on Phase 3 of the plans for the regeneration, which closed on 6 December. As part of the consultation, we also offered three webinar sessions for anyone interested to ask the project team questions. Thank you very much to all of those who took part and sent in their feedback, either at a webinar or through a consultation form.
- The Phase 2b project team are continuing to prepare for starting work in the new year. As part of this, we wrote to residents in November and again in December about plans for tree removal and parking, along with other preparatory works. To find out about current tree plans, please visit our website here.
- A huge thank you to our community partners and local volunteers at Venture Centre, Golborne Community Champions, Youth Action Alliance, Meanwhile Gardens and Childhood Trust for working tirelessly to support the most vulnerable and disadvantaged across the borough, during such challenging times. We wish you all a happy and peaceful Christmas and look forward to working with you in what will hopefully be a brighter year ahead.
- Venture Centre teamed up with Catalyst and local community partners to give local families in need of a helping hand, a fun-filled festive day to remember. The first of 2 events took place on 13 December (second planned for 20 December) with 15 families enjoying a scrumptious festive lunch and each child receiving a gift from Santa and a new warm winter coat (donated by Childhood Trust). Families were also given a food support package, including a winter warmth goody bag, to take home. Events were split into 4 separate sessions and household bubbles, to ensure compliance with Covid-19 restrictions.
- Wornington Green Coffee Afternoon online zoom sessions have been taking place every Wednesday from 2.30-3.30pm. The group recently organised a socially distanced sponsored walk in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support and came together to celebrate Black History Month in October. New members are always welcome, and we can help you get online if required. If you’re interested in joining the group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 456 2099.
- The next issue of ‘Here & Now’ will be with residents in January next year. It includes lots of information about starting on site, as well as updates on the Venture Centre, the Golborne Community & Maternity Champions and from your Independent Tenants Advisors.
- We are planning to start on site for Phase 2b/Block 6 in the new year, so will be continuing with preparatory works for this.
- Venture Centre is providing 45 support packages, including food and essential items, for families who were unable to attend events, to collect on 22 December. Catalyst, local schools and other service providers have nominated families in need of support for both initiatives.
- Venture Centre is running a self-referral foodbank every Wednesday and Saturday. Registration opens at 12pm and food is available for collection from 2.30pm. But please note that times may vary, due to restrictions. For more information, please call Venture Centre on 020 8960 3234 or email email@example.com
- RBKC is currently seeking the views of park users and residents on the proposed relocation of the Dog Agility Area in Athlone Gardens. Consultation is live on their website which you can find here: www.rbkc.gov.uk/athlone-dog-agility. If you would like to receive the survey in a different format (e.g. paper copy, large print or a translation) then please contact RBKC on 07929 850 525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Consultation closes on 20 December, so please fill in a consultation survey before then!