Bullet point briefing: the latest regeneration news from Havelock
In the past month:
- Bouygues moved their site cabins to the junction of Lockwood Road and Otto Drive.
- Scaffolding was taken down on the last 6 private sale houses located by the children’s play area.
- 13 private sale houses were handed over to Catalyst in January and February.
- Groundwork London delivered a three day schools programme, with students from Havelock Primary School in years 3, 4 and 5. This was part of the Love Havelock project to promote waste reduction and fly tipping.
- 100 native hedge tree plants were planted at Bixley Triangle in partnership with Sybil Elgar, Belvue College, Groundwork London and Ealing Park Rangers.
- Catalyst will be delivered another free Level 2 accredited course on Safe Moving and Handling on 27th February.
- Catalyst colleagues volunteered at Havelock on 25th February. They supported the delivery of Love Havelock by engaging residents, reporting fly tipping incidences, and carrying out litter picking activities.
In the next month:
- Catalyst and Ealing Council continue to work together to review the future phases of the regeneration. We will keep Havelock residents informed of our progress. If there need to be changes to the original plans, we will ensure that residents have the opportunity to see and comment on these.
- While we complete our review of the future phases of Havelock, the Catalyst office on Hunt Road will be open less frequently. Residents can still visit every Wednesday from 10am to 4pm; Catalyst Communities colleagues will be there to help with employment, training, and volunteering opportunities, as well as money, benefits and digital advice. To talk to another member of the Havelock team, please call 0300 456 2099.
- Works will continue to progress on the communal green space near Havelock Road.
- Mechanical and electrical finishing works will begin on the last 6 private sale houses. Interior works will also begin on these houses, which are located by the children’s play area.
- Groups from Sybil Elgar and Belvue College will be mulching and maintaining newly planted fruit trees at Glade Lane on 2 March.
- Registration for our Easter Programme opens on 23 March. Places for children can be booked online, or in the Havelock office on Wednesday 26 March between 10am – 4pm. The website details for booking online will be available closer to the time, and residents will be informed.
- On 31 March we will be hosting a spring themed wildlife walk to open spaces on Havelock. We will have bird identification kits and everyone is welcome to take part. Contact Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- We have careers advice and employment support available every Wednesday. Contact Neda 07815 633 129 or Jay 07800 509288.