Bullet point briefing: the latest regeneration news from Havelock
In the past month:
- Bouygues UK continue the construction of Phase 1b.
- The Re-housing team have completed all move Plans for Leeward House in phase 1b.
- We’ve launched a crowd funding pitch with The Sharks canoe club, to transform 4 of the disused garage spaces on Havelock into a canoe club for the benefit of children, young people and adults living locally. The project is now bidding for financial backing from the Mayor’s Crowd Fund London programme. To find out more or support the initiative, take a look at our crowdfunding page.
- 18 residents came along to Havelock Community Afternoon Tea on 5th September – a great turnout!
- Street Dance for young people started back up again at the Havelock Community Centre every Friday from 6-7pm.
- Our project with Belvue School began again. We have been working with Belvue School for two years on Havelock to deliver monthly environmental improvements across the estate. Activities include bulb planting, tree planting, hedge laying, bat box building and more. The School began their practical nature conservation project on 26th September with tree identification.
- Residents held the first committee meeting of the ‘Good Neighbours’ community group on 26th September.
- Community Payback supported Wolfields Community Garden by helping to restore a path and improve access on 19th September.
In the next month:
- Construction work on Leeward, Bowline, Rudderstock and Daubenton Houses will continue.
- Bouygues UK will continue working on the realignment of Hillary Road.
- The Re-housing team will contact residents who are moving into Leeward House and the houses in Phase 1b to arrange move plans.
- We’ll hold a ‘Life is better by the water’ event on 24th October, with free canoe tasters and canal-side arts and crafts.
- We will launch a new project to tackle fly-tipping at Havelock working with Groundwork London. The date is to be assigned.
- IT drop-in sessions are taking place every Wednesday at Catalyst office, 33 Hunt Road.
- The next Havelock Community Afternoon Tea will be on 7 November, 2:30-4:30pm in the Havelock Community Shop or on the green outside.