Bullet point briefing: the latest regeneration news from Havelock
In the past month:
- Works to the play area on Lockwood road, opposite Tiller and Kiln House are continuing, and nearing completion, with final landscaping work to be finished soon. Due to the amount of rainfall we are currently experiencing, the new laid turf is very wet, so handover of the play area and new community open space will take place once the ground has dried out and is ready for use. This is likely to be in the spring time.
- Three of Catalyst’s Community Investment colleagues volunteered two hours of their time on 19 and 26 November to help the Bixley Community Allotment holders get the beds ready for winter. The allotment holders gratefully received tools donated through ‘Tools Shed’ a lottery funded programme which works with HM Prisons to restore tools and provide training and support to prisoners.
- Another successful Good Neighbours Afternoon Tea was held on Wednesday 4th November attended by 20 local people who enjoyed home-made mince pies, peach crumble and a table top sale.
- There was a special Christmas themed Afternoon Tea on Wednesday 18th December with carols, crafts and wreath making!
- On Fri 13th December we held an Environmental Champion refresher training and social event for all volunteers interested in taking part in the Love Havelock project to improve the environmental quality of the area.
In the next month:
- 11 private sale houses will be complete along Lockwood Road, and scaffolding will start to come down on the last 6 private sale houses.
- Bouygues UK site cabins will begin to be relocated near to the junction of Lockwood Road and Otto Drive.
- The Havelock Hunt Road office will be closed over the Christmas break from 23rd December, reopening on 6th January.
- If you need to speak to someone in this time, please call the contact centre 0300 456 2099. From 24 – 31 December the contact centre will be operating from 9am – 4pm apart from Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day when the emergency out of hours service will be available through the same phone number. Normal service hours will resume on 2 Jan.
- Ann-Marie and Mary, our Regeneration and Rehousing Coordinators for Havelock, will now be working from the Havelock office on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Residents will still be able to contact them Monday to Friday through the usual channels of calling the contact centre or their mobiles, and via email.
- We have careers advice and employment support available every Wednesday. Contact Neda 07815 633 129 or Jay 07800 509288.