Monthly bullet point briefing
Over the past month, the project team has been running detailed design consultation on aspects of the plans for Blackbird Leys. Through this consultation, the local community gave their views on:
- The new road layout
- New public spaces
- How the buildings should look
- What the homes should include
- Design of the landscape
Due to the restrictions that coronavirus has brought, we had to adapt this consultation to a new socially distanced way of getting feedback. Consultation was run through:
- Creating a consultation website and online questionnaire
- Delivering consultation packs to around 1000 households closest to the development sites, with a survey and freepost envelope to return
- Delivering flyers to the rest of the 5000 households in the OX4 postcode, inviting people to visit the consultation website or order a printed pack
- Four online consultation webinars advertised to 5000 residents in OX4 through a paper flyer and on the project website
The consultation was open for 3 weeks from 20 October to 9 November. Through this time, we received 42 responses through postal and online consultation forms, and nearly 40 people attended webinars. We would like to thank everyone who took the time to fill in either form and provide their thoughts and feedback on the plans. We had lots of interesting feedback and will begin to look at how we can incorporate community ideas into the evolving plans.
Over the next month
We recognise many people are keen to talk to the team face to face, and we would also like to do this, making sure it is safe and secure for everyone.
Therefore, we are planning to hold some appointment-based drop ins at the Blackbird Leys Community Centre:
- Wednesday 16th December: 15.00 – 19.00
- Friday 18th December: 09.00 – 12.00
To book a slot at one of these sessions please call Jayne on 01865 529204 or 07483 011289.
Please note that each appointment will be 25 minutes long and you will not be able to see the team without a pre-booked slot.