Better service: sustainable communities
We want to enable our residents to enjoy the benefits of a more sustainable lifestyle through lower food, energy and water bills.
Sustainable residents, sustainable communities
• Residents in our new properties get a personal visit from our aftercare team who explain how to run their homes efficiently
• We work closely with our residents and local authorities to increase our environmental performance through improved estate recycling facilities and bulk refuse collection
• We are training our frontline and resident-facing staff in fuel poverty awareness to spot and help those who are at risk of falling into debt
• We provide information for residents about tackling the consequences of climate change
• We develop travel plans for developments and neighbourhoods to ensure that residents have the best and most up-to-date travel information to help them make sustainable travel choices. To find out more about sustainable travel options in London and the south east visit the Sustrans website. For good cycling options in London, see TFL’s free cycle guides.