Our employment support service can offer personalised assistance with CV writing, searching and applying for jobs, building your online professional profile, interview preparation and techniques, finding accredited training and learning opportunities and more.
Here’s some useful online resources to help you find out more about job searches, graduate training opportunities, interview techniques and accessing learning grants.
Whether you’re an experienced job seeker or you’re preparing for your first job interview, there’s a range of useful resources offering advice and guidance on the employment support section of our useful information page.
Job searches and networking
There’s lots of advice and tips on how to build your network and connect with people, to improve your job search chances.
- National Careers Service: help with finding a job through networking
- HelpGuide: networking tips
- Monster: build your jobsearch network
Learning grants and bursaries
Whether you’re a teenage or adult learner, there are lots of grants and bursaries available that may help fund your learning.
- Gov.UK: grants and bursaries for adult learners
- Money Saving Expert: education grants and courses
- Save The Student: student grants, bursaries and scholarships
Business start-ups and self-employment
Guidance for anyone thinking of starting their own business or becoming self-employed.
- Gov.UK: advice with business start ups and the self-employed
- Start Ups: help for small business start ups
Careers in construction
If you’re considering a career in construction, there’s lots of useful resources out there to help you find the right role.
- Construct: help to find the right role in construction
- Pearsons: offering construction qualifications
General careers and learning advice
Information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.
- National Careers Service
- Monster career advice
- Totaljobs career advice
- Barclays lifeskills
Help for students looking for their future career path.