In the last month
- Demolition of Phase 1b began at the beginning of April and has now finished. We carried out door to door outreach and distributed demolition posters and flyers letting residents know about what to expect throughout the work.
- Blocks A1 & G concrete frame complete is now complete, with A2 due to complete this month.
- Sonshine Smiles held their Easter playscheme at the Friary Park community centre. The playscheme was free for those eligible for free school meals and children got to enjoy sports, arts and crafts, dance and an easter egg hunt.
- Catalyst successfully joined Peabody as a subsidiary on 1 April. The regeneration work will be continuing as planned and this does not change tenancy, lease or rights for Catalyst customers. There is now a new single executive team overseeing the organisation, but the people you contact on a day-to-day basis hasn’t been affected. For more questions and information visit thegarden.chg.org.uk.
- On 27 April, Mind held an extended coffee morning with advice on how to improve your mental wellbeing through your home. This was attended by 15 residents and resulted in referrals to their services
- Also, on the 27 April we held a sewing workshop presentation for resident of Friary Park to come along and learn beginner sewing skills at the community centre. 15 residents registered for Half Day workshop in May and 10 week course provided by Catalyst Advice and Wellbeing team
- The latest Resident Steering Group meeting was held on 26 April and this covered topics including the latest on the construction programme and Catalyst’s merger with Peabody
- We ran our pre apprenticeship programme with unemployed residents in Ealing, with 5 participants taking part in the course and 3 completing the programme. We are really pleased with how they progressed through the scheme, which offered an interview for an apprenticeship on the redevelopment of Friary Park and receive an accredited qualification. We hope to run this pre apprenticeship programme again later in the year.
In the next month
- Now that demolition of Phase 1b has been completed we will begin removing any ground obstructions and preparing the ground in this area for the new building bases.
- Windows will start to be installed on the lower levels of block A and G.
- We will begin brickwork for the exterior of blocks A and G.
- Construction staff on site will increase to 250.
- Sustrans the bike and walking charity will begin their plan of community activities such as guided cycle rides, cycle maintenance lessons and smoothie bikes to encourage residents to use a bike as a means of transport.
- Our next all resident meeting will be held on 23 May. This meeting is for all residents living on at Friary Park to join, find out more about the work that is currently taking place and coming up, and ask any questions to the project team. To find out more please email Friary.Park@chg.org.uk