In the last month…
- Mount Anvil has progressed with demolition work on empty homes in Phase 1a
- In April we began preparing for piling work – this involves pouring concrete to form the foundation for new homes
- A new dropped kerb was added to Friary Road to help vehicles coming in and out of the site
- The number of workers on site increased to 25
- The latest issue of the Park Views newsletter was released
- We held the latest virtual meeting for all customers living on the Friary Park estate on 28 April at 6:30pm. Catalyst customers on the Friary Park estate can sign up to join these meetings by contacting us
- Friary Park Community Centre is still closed to the general public; however, we’ve worked to get the centre Covid-19 secure to allow essential activities to take place. Both activities running are by appointment only, and are not drop in
– Delve meet on Wednesday and Friday evenings from 4:30pm and attendance needs to be pre-booked. For more information please contact Nuria Rodriguez on 0300 456 2099 or send an email
– Stay & Play runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30am for children under 5 and their carers. Sessions need to be pre-booked with Michelle Smith, by calling 020 8743 7128
- A Catalyst resident in West London has launched an online community school for free tutoring for young people from Ealing every Saturday, 10am – 12pm. Sessions are available online for GCSE and A-Level tuition, for more information please send an email.
In the next month…
- Demolition work will continue on Phase 1a of the regeneration. The crushed material from the existing buildings will be used to create a platform for the piling rig. The piling rig is a machine used to drive columns into the ground, which form a foundation for the new buildings
- A temporary crossing will be added on Friary Road for pedestrians
- Mount Anvil and Catalyst have identified 20 small improvements in Phase 2 and 3 that we want to carry out in 20 days. This includes things like removing stains from walls and clearing moss. We hope that these improvements will brighten up areas of the existing estate whilst customers are waiting to move into their new homes.
- Catalyst is working with the Felix project to re-start the delivery of food to the Friary Park community centre for customers from mid-May, subject to government guidelines. We are looking for volunteers to help pack parcels for delivery. Volunteers will be provided with training and will help shape the project in the long term. To register for your weekly free parcel or your interest as a volunteer, please email Nuria or call 0300 456 2099.
- Makers & Mentors – Mount Anvil has partnered with the GLA to create a skills, learning and networking-based initiative for those interested in a career in construction and development. To find out more visit the Mount Anvil website
- Catalyst is running a digital inclusion project to help residents use online platforms and feel more digitally confident. Our Digital Champions can help residents from those with no digital knowledge whatsoever, to those who just need help getting used to a new platform like Zoom. For more information email Nuria
- Employment support – Residents who have an interview coming up and need some help to prepare can now book an appointment to speak to one of our employment and skills advisors within 24 hrs via our web form under the ‘Speak to an advisor’ tab
- We are delivering free online Yoga classes on Saturday mornings 10 – 11am, open to all residents. Email Nuria for more information.
- We are running weekly virtual coffee catch ups every Wednesday at 10.30am. These are open to all Friary Park residents and are a great place to meet neighbours, teammates and chat about what’s going on. The digital inclusion team can also offer residents a helping hand setting up the video call software. For any further information about the coffee catch ups, please contact Keisha or Sola.