At Catalyst, our ambition is to build a reputation as a thought leader within the housing sector. Our size and financial strength gives us the opportunity to be a leading voice in the industry. We have the ability to champion causes that will have positive impacts on our customers, the housing sector, and the environment we live in.
We aim to influence national and local agendas in support of our purpose to provide ‘homes people love’. To achieve this, we will continue to raise our profile and engage with a range of stakeholders to promote the interests of the sector and our customers.
Influencing policy development is one of our priorities at Catalyst and we respond to a range of consultations from government and other bodies. We respond directly or via industry bodies like the G15 and BuildEast.
Responding to consultations helps us to:
- Build our reputation as a leading provider and thought leader in the housing sector
- Influence the political and policy agenda
- Prepare for changes that may impact our business or customers
- Build links with other providers, deepening our understanding of issues affecting the sector
- Strengthen our relationships with key stakeholders, such as local councils and Homes England, through demonstrating a commitment to positively engage with them.