Meet the board
Richard Brown CBE (Chairman)
- Chair of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited
- Member of: Audit and Risk Committee (non-voting member), Finance and Treasury Committee, Remuneration and Succession Planning Committee, and Development Committee
Richard has extensive chairing experience with a strong focus on employees, customers and change management. He has strong links with senior level stakeholders at both local and national level, and has been involved in a range of economic development and regeneration programmes. He has led a number of large scale change management projects including, most recently, the successful relocation of Eurostar services from Waterloo to St Pancras.
- Vice Chair of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited
- Chair of: Remuneration and Succession Planning Committee
Pat has over 30 years’ experience in the financial services sector, both in public and private strategic business leadership roles including HM Revenue and Customs and as a tax partner at Ernst & Young.
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited
Ian joined Catalyst as the Chief Executive in January 2019, and has 30 years’ experience in the housing sector.
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited and Development Committee
Anne is an architect and joint founding director of Phelan Architects, and brings considerable experience to her role as a member of Catalyst’s Development Committee.
- Chair of: Customer Experience Committee
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited, Remuneration and Succession Planning Committee, and Service Delivery Committee
Alison is Leadership Development Director at IMD Media Limited, an international technology-based business. She has responsibility for the HR function across the company and is particularly involved in helping to prepare the business for future growth by developing management’s team leadership skills.
- Chair of: the Development Committee
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited, and Audit and Risk Committee
Terry Hartwell is a chartered surveyor with over 35 years experience in commercial property. He has a degree in Valuation and Estate Management and became a Fellow of the RICS in 1993.
- Chair of: Finance and Treasury Committee
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited, Audit and Risk Committee and Development Committee
Mike is a retired treasury advisor, having worked in the social housing sector for over 30 years where he advised on all aspects of treasury management and funding. His early career was in local government where he also concentrated on social housing issues.
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited, Audit and Risk Committee, Remuneration and Succession Planning Committee and Development Committee
Andrew has extensive experience in housing policy and related areas. He was Director of New Homes and Sustainable Development in the Department of Communities and Local Government 2003 – 09, and Director of Planning 2009 – 11.
- Chair of: Audit and Risk Committee
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited and Treasury Committee
Graham provides financial and governance consultancy which focuses on a range of areas including the social housing sector. He has also worked with growth companies across a range of sectors including energy, technology, medical related, general service based and the financial services sectors.
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited, Finance and Treasury Committee, and Audit and Risk Committee
Jack is a qualified chartered accountant and he has for the past five years chaired the Sector’s SORP Working Party, and is a member of the Social Housing Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
- Chair of: Service Delivery Committee
- Member of: The Board of Catalyst Housing Limited, and Customer Experience Committee
Cary has had a successful career in FTSE, Public Sector and not-for-profit organisations in the UK and Europe. Cary has over 20 years’ experience in delivering high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction.