The Scrutiny Panel drives continuous improvement at Catalyst by making sure residents’ views and priorities are at the heart of our work.
What does the Scrutiny Panel do?
- Monitors Catalyst’s performance
- Carries out in-depth reviews of different services
- Suggests improvements
- Challenges the organisation when services are not working well
What skills do you need to join the Scrutiny Panel?
All panel members are recruited via a competency-based recruitment process. Although no previous experience is needed, we look for someone who:
- has good reading, writing and numeracy skills as well as good verbal communication
- has ability to be objective and can analyse, interpret and question information
- can weigh up issues, make balanced judgements and decisions based on evidence
- is able to understand graphs and data.
How much time does a panel member spend on scrutiny?
A typical review takes three to six months to carry out. During this time members will need to attend regular meetings and do work at work.
Why should I join the Scrutiny Panel?
If you become a member of the Scrutiny Panel you’ll be able to:
- find out more about how Catalyst is run
- challenge Catalyst to improve the area you live in
- receive professional training and experience
- increase your skills and improve your CV.
How can I get involved?
Please call us on 0300 456 2099 or email email@example.com