We often get complaints about noise. Please be considerate to your neighbours by keeping the noise down.
The Noise App
If you are suffering from noise nuisance, download The Noise App so you can instantly record noise nuisance on your phone. This means you’ll have an accurate record of the noise nuisance and how it affects you.
The app will also report the noise nuisance directly to our anti-social behaviour team, who liaise with you about the best way forward with your particular issue. The team will also use evidence from the app to support any complaint you make to the local authority with regard to noise issues.
This is how it works:
Download the free app from www.thenoiseapp.com or search online for ‘The Noise App RH Environmental’ at Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Create your account and choose the Service Provider ‘Catalyst Housing’ to investigate your noise nuisance reports.
To report a nuisance simply tap the icon, make a 30-second recording of the noise, complete a form and submit your report online.
Our anti-social behaviour team will then contact you after they’ve investigated the case.
Tips to keep the noise down
- Don’t play music or the TV too loudly. To reduce the noise, turn down the bass on the system especially after 11pm
- If you’re having a party, let your neighbours know beforehand or even better, invite them along
- Carry out noisy activities (such as using power tools or playing musical instruments) at a reasonable time – not early in the morning or late at night
- When buying household appliances, opt for the low noise versions
- Place noisy equipment (such as dishwashers, stereos and TVs) on carpets or rubber mats to reduce the vibration. Don’t put them against walls which you share with your neighbours
- Avoid revving up your car or motorbike in the street and only use the horn in an emergency
- If you have wooden or laminate flooring, lay rugs or mats to reduce the noise