Local authority equity loan schemes
We have worked with five local authority partners to create and fund open market equity loan schemes.
These help aspiring homeowners with low interest loans to supplement their mortgages. The schemes are designed for individual housing markets and the loans provide access to a wide range of properties.
- worked with the local authorities to create tailored schemes for their housing market/s
- managed the legal arrangements to enable equal co-funding of the equity loan between Catalyst and the local authority
- marketed the scheme to priority groups
- worked with mortgage lenders, independent financial advisers and solicitors to ensure the scheme was well-received by the lending industry
- supported customers from initial eligibility and affordability assessments through to completed purchase
- provided local authorities with regular reports on the scheme/s
We can develop financial products, homeownership schemes and housing support services that offer practical solutions to local affordable housing needs. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you. Email Clive Gorton, our agency contracts manager firstname.lastname@example.org.