Bullet point briefing: the latest regeneration news from Havelock
In the past month:
- Bouygues UK are removing the scaffolding from Rudderstock House, and installing the timber flooring.
- In Daubenton House, bathrooms are being installed and tiled.
- In Bowline House, Bouygues UK are installing wall and floor tiles; radiators; basins and toilets; and electrical sockets, switches and light fittings.
- In Leeward House, internal walls are being sealed and finished.
- Brickwork and roofing continues on many of the houses on Havelock Road. One is having its staircase installed. Foundations and substructure brickwork are also underway for further houses.
- Bouygues UK are forming the realigned Hillary Road.
- The Rehousing team continue to allocate homes in Leeward House and the new houses, which will be delivered in Phase 1b. They’re prioritizing residents in Phase 2b who would like to move into the new development.
- Suman Kumar is joining the Rehousing team as maternity cover for Ann-Marie Fineman. She’ll be working with Mary Marshall to allocate new homes to Havelock residents and support them throughout the rehousing process.
- Southall Day Centre are running surgeries for residents of Clearmont House and Langdons Court from our Hunt Road office, from 9am to 12pm every Thursday. So far, they’ve been working with our Rehousing team to answer rehousing queries, and supported the Occupational Therapy team at Ealing Social Services to carry out assessments for aids and adaptations. SDC is a part of Catalyst, and provides services tailored to older people from Asian communities.
- Catalyst and A2Dominion are providing weekly street dance classes at the Havelock Community Centre. This is part of a programme of new diversionary activities for 7-12 year olds.
- Norwood Green Ward Forum has created a pot of funding for individuals in the local area who want to do something for their community with the support of their neighbours. So far, four local residents have applied with support from Catalyst Gateway.
- We began works on our Toplocks Depot site, near to Havelock. We wrote to neighbouring residents first to let them know, and remind them of what we are building on the site. Catalyst have planning permission to build 26 social rented homes, along with associated access roads onto Glade Lane and McNair Road. The proposals also include car parking, a central green with play space, and a new footbridge over Maypole Dock to create a new pedestrian and cycle link. The planning application was initially approved by Ealing Council’s planning committee in August 2016, after a consultation which was advertised to local residents.
In the next month:
- Construction work on Leeward, Bowline, Rudderstock and Daubenton Houses will continue.
- Bouygues UK will continue working on the realignment of Hillary Road.
- The Rehousing team will continue to allocate homes in Leeward House.
- Our Sales and Marketing team will launch the first homes for sale in Rudderstock House. With our ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme, any Havelock resident who recommends someone who ends up purchasing one of the homes will receive £50 once the sale has completed.
- Canal & River Trust will soon be working with local residents to design some new signage for the canal.
- The next Havelock community afternoon tea will be held on Wednesday 4 April. Afternoon teas are held on the first Wednesday of every month from 2:30pm to 4:30pm, in the Havelock Community Shop or on the green outside.