We have an excellent track record in successfully delivering major development projects – building homes to high standards and providing sustainable and mixed tenure communities.
Our reputation as an award-winning developer and our expertise in transforming communities makes us a strong partner of choice for local authorities, developers, residents and others.
We’ve been selected to be on two important developer panels: the GLA’s London Development Panel which covers London, and the HCA’s Delivery Partner Panel 2 covering the remainder of the country.
- We are one of only two housing providers in the country to achieve gold in the highly challenging SHIFT sustainability benchmarking scheme
- We were voted Affordable Housing Provider of the Year at the First Time Buyer Awards, and we were highly commended in the categories of Best Urban Regeneration (Portobello Square) and Best Show Home (Waterside development)
- Our flagship sustainable development, The Greenway in Hounslow, was in the first wave of buildings designed to meet the highest standards for eco-friendly sustainable homes.
- Alexandra Place, our extra care development in Woodley, Wokingham, was chosen as ‘most innovative sheltered/supported scheme’ at the 2012 Housing Innovation Awards
- Our regeneration of Dee Park in Reading won silver for ‘best partnership scheme’ at the prestigious 2011 What House? Awards
- Portobello Square, part of our Wornington Green regeneration scheme, won a ‘project winner’ accolade at the 2011 Housing Design Awards
We are committed to sustainability in the construction and management of our homes. Catalyst is one of the only two housing providers in the country to achieve gold in the highly challenging SHIFT sustainability benchmarking scheme.
Expanding our development work
We expect to build more than 7,000 new homes by 2020, housing 21,000 more people.
New product development
We work in partnership with local authorities and other housing associations to deliver innovative affordable housing products and services.
Supported housing and care services
We’re keen to develop more supported housing and care service schemes, especially in the field of care for older people. This includes sheltered and extra care as well as units for sale. We already work various care providers – their specialist knowledge supports our partnerships so we can deliver high quality facilities.
We use profits from our private sale homes to cross-subsidise our charitable work as an affordable housing provider. We sold our first properties in 2011, and are actively developing more homes for sale on sites in Luton, Wycombe, Harrow, Brent, and Kensington and Chelsea. Within five years we expect to deliver around 300 private sale homes each year.
We are interested in further joint venture opportunities with developers to build homes for private sale. If you would like to discuss any development opportunities please contact us.